Microphone - Loudspeaker

phil2816 20:40 23 Jan 06

Hey i have a microphone with a headset (ie. speaker headphones)i use it to talk to people on skype. sometimes i want to hear people the the pc's main speakers (not the headset) how do i do that?!hope some1 can help thanks a lot PHIL!

wotbus@ 21:15 23 Jan 06

MIC's on headsets are designed to be close to your mouth, so the headset will have to stay on your head [but not your ears] or the MIC held close to your mouth. Just unplug the Headset jack but not the MIC jack but be warned - you will probably degrade quality by sending what comes out of your speakers back to the other end via your MIC - the well known echo...

phil2816 18:28 24 Jan 06

sorry didnt understand any of that...my headphones are USB ones..sorry shud of said that the first time!?hope this helps cheers

PaulB2005 18:34 24 Jan 06

The main problem wotbus@ is trying to explain is that you will almost certainly suffer bad feedback or echoing. The fact you use a headset keeps the signal from the ear-piece away from the Mic. Using speakers will result in feedback as the speaker output gets picked up by the Mic and run round to the speakers again.

wotbus@ also assumed you had a separate jack for the Mic and headphones.

wotbus@ 11:40 26 Jan 06

Yup - that's what I assumed PaulB2005, thanks for pointing that out. I have no experience of USB connected headsets so I assume they automatically disable the speakers when connected, as you would expect. Perhaps this situation could be changed manually in Speaker Properties in Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Device Properties.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5