Microphone input socket change (front to rear)

John Berriman 11:28 19 Mar 06

I'm sure I've seen how to do this before but can't seem to find the right area of XP Help.

I have microphone input sockets at the front of my PC and the sound card input at the rear.

The PC is currently set up to use the front input, but I want to amend to the rear so I can keep the wire out of the way.

How do I do it? Any help gratefully recieved!

Thanks in advance.

John

ACOLYTE 12:17 19 Mar 06

There is an option in my sound properties/advanced under microphone to use an "alternate micrphone" i dont know if that means a different microphone or socket,as i have never tried,the only other option i have is to use the microphone socket for my centre speaker and subwoofer.

ACOLYTE 12:18 19 Mar 06

Just a thought have you just tried plugging the mic in the back socket? it may just work.

John Berriman 12:31 19 Mar 06

Under my Sound Options, I selected Microphone 'Advanced' and un-set 'Mic2 Select'. Simple in the end - thanks to all who read my post and replied!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…