microphone does not support gain adjustments????

pcgal 12:27 27 Nov 03

What is causing the above message to appear in windows xp when trying to configure headsets.
I've had this message appear on a number of occasions with systems I've upgraded to windows xp. The computers are usually running with onboard sound and the headsets work perfectly in windows9x but the mic refuses to work under xp giving the above message.
Anybody else come across this nuisance?

Gongoozler 13:13 27 Nov 03

Hi pcgal, this page is the only reference I could find to this error message, and suggests that it is a driver problem. See the last query at click here

pcgal 13:50 27 Nov 03

Yeah thanks gangoozler............I thought it was a driver problem as the headsets work fine in the 9x operating systems but I'm not sure how to rectify this problem... The latest audio drivers are installed for the board.
I've tried to find xp patches from the microphone manufacturer but cant find any.

I have rectified this problem in the past by purchasing a creative 128 soundcard but surely the onboard sound channel should handle a headset.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…