microphone does not support gain adjustments????

pcgal 17:54 19 Oct 03

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what the above message means.

I'm running on xp and have just connected my headset and tried calibrating and the above message appears

Peverelli 18:13 19 Oct 03

Probably that you can't increase the microphone volume with the mic you're using. What mic & soundcard are you using?

pcgal 18:53 19 Oct 03

pev its onboard sound but the headset isnt working fullstop

graham√ 21:08 19 Oct 03

Can you give more details? Is this a headset you have bought and it has an installation disk.

pcgal 23:39 19 Oct 03

NO INSTALLATION DISK...I've tried a souncard instead of the onboard but its still the same

graham√ 09:29 20 Oct 03

Any instructions with it? For the benefit of those who are not familiar with headsets, how and where are you trying to calibrate?

Are you connecting it up to the mic in and line out sockets of the sound card?

Do you have a seperate mike to try?

Stuartli 11:00 20 Oct 03

Have you checked the mixer controls to ensure that the mike/line in input sections are not muted?

Double click on the Volume icon to open the mixer.

pcgal 11:05 20 Oct 03

Graham, I'm attempting to calibrate the mic in microsoftword/speech.

When I install millenium the head set works fine but in xp "Does not support gains adjustment"

help

pcgal 11:09 20 Oct 03

stu nothing muted

graham√ 15:01 21 Oct 03

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that program. Is it a function of Word?

pcgal 15:46 22 Oct 03

Graham after searching the web I've come to the conclusion its an audio driver problem with xp.

I'm taking a chance and purchasing a soundblaster sound card for about £12 and hopefully this should eradicate the problem.

Thanks for your interest Graham

pcgal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…