Microphone cable extension.

cycoze 00:05 16 Dec 03

Does anyone know how i can either extend a cable for a PC Mic or get a cheapish extension/buy a new Mic with a long lead ?

I want to use a mic approximately 4.5 metres away from the PC , any ideas/suggestions.

Djohn 01:16 16 Dec 03

Any small shop that sells TV's and other electrical goods should have these in stock, or you can purchase a length of speaker wire and the two connectors, [One male one female] and make up an extension yourself for a few pounds. j.

LastChip 10:53 16 Dec 03

If your going to do that, use Coax cable. But I have a feeling you may have a problem with that length of cable.

Something at the back of my mind tells me, you get too much attenuation (signal loss) for the type of microphone supplied for use with a PC, but I can't be sure.

For what it would cost, it's probably worth a try anyway.

Djohn 12:48 16 Dec 03

My apologies, don't know how that slipped in! Please substitute "Microphone lead" for "speaker" :o(

cycoze 22:20 17 Dec 03

Thanks Djohn , LastChip , i`ll have a go at making one up , i have an old Trust mic in the computer glory hole ! i can butcher that .

Dragon Heart 22:29 17 Dec 03

I think you can get shielded speaker wire, it's more flexible than coax cable and easier to attach to a 3.5mm mic plug / socket, but it's still a good idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…