microfishe

BREEN 11:19 19 Feb 06

I have an interest in geniology is there a way of getting a micrfishe onto your computer without using a reader.Can you use a scanner

Thanx

Border View 12:21 19 Feb 06

Will watch this one - think its an excellent idea.

When you think about it you should be able to if you have a scanner which reads photograph negatives. Will wait to see what the experts say.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:24 19 Feb 06

Yes, but cheap it is not. click here

€dstowe 12:29 19 Feb 06

I'm a bit doubtful that the resolution of a scanner (even a dedicated 35mm film type) would be high enough to do this.

An idea (if you're prepared to spend money) is to use a low power microscope (from eBay) in conjunction with a Bresser PC MicrOcular II VGA click here and scroll down nearly to the bottom of the page.

wobbly76 13:42 19 Feb 06

BREEN
You might try one of the suppliers advertising in Family History mags. as gandalf says, they're not cheap, I use a hand held reader ( about £30 ) otherwise I go to the library and get a printout if I need.
Any genealogy supplier should be able to put you on to something.
Let us know what you find.

w76

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…