Microfilter to Surgeprotector

maz2 10:35 05 May 04

Is it ok to do this as I read somewhere that it wasn't it's a Belkin but not a very new model, I hope it is otherwise I'm stuck

Gongoozler 10:43 05 May 04

I thought it should be ok, but as I wasn't 100% certain, I gave it a try, and all was well, I'm now posting this reply via a Belkin surge protector. The microfilter is a very simple device to separate the telephone signal frequencies from the higher ADSL frequencies. No doubt the circuit in the surge protector will have some small effect on the characteristics of the filter, but, in my case at least, the effect doesn't appear to be enough to cause any problem. Give it a try and see.

maz2 10:49 05 May 04

Ok thanks for that I'll give it a go as it's not for me it's a bit awkward, I hope it works as its going to be a major prob if it doesn't as I say its ok if its your own but somebody else's that's another thing and they tend to panic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…