Microfilter stopping phone ringing?

5HAD0W 20:45 10 Feb 07

Hi all, I have recently gone online with TalkTalk and am using their own wireless router and adapter. I have an adapter which leads to a sky box and two telephones, which is plugged into a microfilter which is inserted into my main phone wall socket. The other part of the microfilter is connected to my wireless modem/router.

When used lke this the connection is fine, although my telephone will not ring. I then moved the cables around so that a phone plugs directly into the adapter, with the microfilter, 2nd phone and broadband going into the other slot in my adapter. This way the connection is fine and the phine will ring but since it is not behind a microfilter calls suffer from severe background noise when the router is switched on.

As a final check I plugged nothing in to the socket except the phone, which the rang. I then added the microfilter, so it was just the phone and the microfilter and it would not ring.

Can anyone offer any help or suggestions as to what the problem could be? Could it be a faulty microfilter, or have I wrongly connected the cables or do I need a microfilter on every adapter and cable?

Any help is much appreciated!

Ashrich 22:04 10 Feb 07

If you have ONLY the phone and microfilter plugged in , then yes , it may be faulty , have you got filters on all phone sockets in the house , if not , you should have . It does sound like you are trying to plug in an awful lot though into one socket .

Ashley

5HAD0W 22:49 10 Feb 07

Yes, even with only the phone and microfilter, it still will not ring. I have only 1 wall socket in my house and it has a microfilter on it. And you are right about squeezing a lot into one socket!, but no matter how much I have, whatever is connected through the phone side of the microfilter will not work properly.

I will try another microfilter as soon as I can get my hands on one and I see if that clears up the problem.

5HAD0W 22:56 12 Feb 07

Hello again, switched the microfilter to no effect! Can anyone help? Having to turn off the router when someone calls is driving me crazy ;(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…