Microdoft Windows Desktop Search

chub_tor 16:21 13 Oct 06

Are there any users out there? If so, what do you think of it? Does it have any benefits for a small home office? Any comments appreciated.

Technotiger 18:00 13 Oct 06

Hi, I for one don't use it, I doubt if many people do. I assume you may be using XP - I find the normal Search facility is all I need, even then not needed often. Indexing, which I believe is used by Win Desktop Search, slows everything down on Startup, so I disabled it.

Cheers.

J B 18:05 13 Oct 06

I used it fo a while and it worked pretty well, however not in an office enviroment. I haven't tried the latest version but have a look here click here It might not be much help but when I had it I was pleased with it although it used a fair amount of memory, but so does a lot of other software. J.B.

chub_tor 19:29 13 Oct 06

JB Thanks for the link, I had already found that from the MS website but it didn't help. I found that it didn't seem to cover a small user like me.

Technotiger - Like you I use the normal Search facility. I was hoping that this new one might a) be quicker and b) simpler. I'll stick with Search for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…