micro sd card data transfer problem

junkster 13:51 24 Oct 08

hi,
i have purchased a couple of micro sd cards online, when i try transfer data to them im getting errors like" cannot read from source file or disk" , i have tried formatting them also, they quick format ok, but hang when i try a full format(not quick) , and i still get the same errors after the quick format......any ideas ????

cheers

dave

Jim_F 14:02 24 Oct 08

Hi Dave,

As a quick thought I seem to remember that the SD card spec was originally only up to 2 Gb so older readers don't work with newer cards - could this be the case ?

all the best,

Jim.

junkster 16:16 24 Oct 08

its a thought, ive used different sd cards with the same readers with no problems all cards ive used have been 2gb cards, unless the cards i have purchased for some reason dont work properly with the readers ?

scotty 17:22 24 Oct 08

SD cards come in two types, the original and the newer SD HC. The newer type are not recognised by readers which were produced for the original SD cards.

john bunyan 17:56 24 Oct 08

Probably too obvious but I assume the little lock catch is in the open position?

junkster 19:29 24 Oct 08

thats right beta, theres no lock catch on the micro sd card, there is a lock on the extention that came with it alright but none on the actual sd card, im puzzled, thanks for help guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017