Micro Precision Mini Digital Camera

Stuart Leyland 15:46 28 Aug 04

Hi folks.

I was given the above camera as a present but have so far been unable to produce pictures without a red glare/tint to them. The camera is this one: click here. I've been unable to find a website that mentions this problem.

I've installed the driver that comes on the CD but even so, all the pictures have a red tint to them.

Have a look at the pictures in this directory: click here so you can see what I mean.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how to eliminate this redness. I do have Adobe Photoshop so I'm sure it's possible to sort them using that but I'd prefer to find out why it's happening.

Thanks in advance :-)

hssutton 16:20 28 Aug 04

It's doubtful that the camera is capable of taking a better shot, unless the lighting is perfect.

You can however improve the colour by reducing the red channel, under "Image" > "Adjustment" > "Channel Mixer". Also by adjusting the Colour Balance.

Stuartli 16:22 28 Aug 04

Adobe Photoshop + £15 digital camera...:-)

I suppose the best way would be to make minor gamma changes but it's a case of trial and error.

Stuart Leyland 16:23 28 Aug 04

Thanks for your reply. From pictures that I've seen on other sites, it appears that the camera can take quite a good picture.

Oh well, at least I can sort the pictures out with Photoshop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…