micro filters on b/band modem

hooklink 09:10 18 Jul 04

I have been on b/b for about five weeks now and have been having no end of problems with the line drooping out,In the first place I did not have the phone plugged into the micro filter as I have two phone sockets ,so the phone was in one and the micro filter along with the cable to the modem was in the other,then I thought I would try putting the phone in the M/filter, and a vast improvement, however when my wife came in and picked up the phone in the kitchen, the line dropped out,and came back on as soon as she had finished the call(a week later!!!) so I decided to put a second M/filter on the kitchen phone and at this time all seems well,and I would like to know if this is normal, as there is no mention of it in the modem instructions,

The Kestrel 09:36 18 Jul 04

As I understand it, you need to have a microfilter on every telephone socket in the house where a 'phone or other piece of equipment is connected.

smoothcue 09:42 18 Jul 04

Hi hooklink,
that is normal,you need a microfilter on every live phone point otherwise you will always get the problem you mentioned.

hooklink 10:02 18 Jul 04

thanks for the help guys, I wish the modem manufactures had thought to tell me and others tthat this was the case, it would have solved the hair loss

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…