Micro filters affecting BT phone

Oldrocker 23:27 29 Jan 03

I have noticed that since being on broadband (a whole 2 days)my phone does not ring when I am using the asdl line.If I unplug the microfilter, it rings perfectly,left in BT's 1571 message thingy answers the phone for me.Any thoughts ???

grove34 23:32 29 Jan 03

if the phone is on an extention cable it will not ring.

the phone you want to ring must be connected directly into the microfilter that is plugged into the main box.

grove34 23:16 30 Jan 03

bump

anchor 09:32 31 Jan 03

My BT line arrives in the hall, where I have a microfilter for the phone. A BT installed extension line then runs upstairs to my office, where my ADSL modem is connected, also another microfilter is connected to a phone.

Both phones ring when there is a call, even if I am connected to the internet.

Could it be a faulty microfilter?.

shifty 16:31 31 Jan 03

Have you got a micro filter in the extension line to your asdl modem? My phone wont work properly if I remove the micro filter from the asdl line.

alben 16:47 31 Jan 03

Have you got microfilters in all sockets that have anything plugged in, eg phones,modem,sattelite TV.

graham 18:08 31 Jan 03

It sounds like a faulty microfilter is looping the line. Has it not been fixed from Wednesday?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…