Micro- filters

Need4Speed 08:56 03 Nov 05

Will be getting bb soon but I know roughly what micro-filters are but how many will i need as I have 1 telephone downstairs in the lounge and my pc is upstairs with only a telephone socket and no phone.

So do I need 2 of them or just the 1?

PaulB2005 08:59 03 Nov 05

2 - one for each socket. They split your signal into the broadband and voice signals so they don't interfere.

Hamish 09:00 03 Nov 05
  Need4Speed 09:09 03 Nov 05

Where can I get them from or will I get 2 when I subscribe to bb?

spuds 09:16 03 Nov 05

If you want to purchase more filters, then Ebuyer click here have some super value ones under Quickcode 39530. I and a number of people that I know use them, absolute perfect for the job.

More info on filters click here

Ikelos 09:16 03 Nov 05

everyone i know got two, you only need a filter where there is a phone, the PC does not need one.

spuds 09:21 03 Nov 05

Need4Speed-- When you first register for Broadband under a new account, most ISP's supply one modem and two filters for free.Best to check with the ISP that you are considering on joining.

PaulB2005 09:28 03 Nov 05

everyone i know got two, you only need a filter where there is a phone, the PC does not need one.

So how do you plug the modem into the phone line? Via the filter on that socket!

You do need one on the PC otherwise you can't plug the modem into the phone line.

Sans le Sou 09:47 03 Nov 05

You can get cables that plug into a phone socket directly to connect your Modem, however with a filter you have the option of adding a telephone, but a filter is not essential.

Hamish 09:49 03 Nov 05

Another point to note is that a microfilter is not needed just for the ADSL equipment - i.e. if you are connecting your ADSL modem and no telephone to one of your extension sockets, then that can connect directly to the telephone socket without a filter (using the correct cable - usually the same cable you use for connecting a dial-up modem to the telephone socket - RJ11 to BT plug)

PaulB2005 09:50 03 Nov 05

"You can get cables that plug into a phone socket directly to connect your Modem"

You can but as you normally get two filters and that's all Need4Speed needs then there's no need to buy any further cables.

In your previous post you didn't mention any other cables and i thought it was misleading to say "the PC does not need one" as you didn't mention any other equipment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…