Micro ATX Motherboard

Gaz W 08:25 09 Dec 03

Can anyone recommend a good Micro ATX motherboard? I was looking for one that will cope with DDR400 (or even just 333), but most seem to be 266. It needs to run an AMD Athlon XP with a 333MHz core.

Also, preferably onboard graphics and sound, but it would need to have an AGP slot for future upgrades (at least 4x, preferably 8x).

Is what I'm looking for possible?

Any help appreciated,

Gaz

©®@$? 08:32 09 Dec 03

looks like the ASUS A7V8X-MX - mainboard - micro ATX - KM400 does what you want

click here=

©®@$? 08:34 09 Dec 03

yup it does, i have a built a system with that motherboard, it has onboard vid and sound, and also has an agp slot 8x.it supports 333 mhz Data bus speed and supports 333mhz ddr

got mine from ebuyer for about £55

Gaz W 01:00 12 Dec 03

Thanks very much for your help. This is much better than what I've currently found. The best I found was with 266 FSB, so only supported slower Athlon XP processors.

Sorry for the late reply, but I don't seem to have received the emails telling me I've had replies.

Thanks again for your help,

Gaz

©®@$? 10:10 12 Dec 03

your welcome

but one word or warning

that motherboard i got from ebuyer never came with the (optional) game port..but if you use usb game controller you will be fine as there is about 6 usb slots, i seem to recall

©®@$? 10:10 12 Dec 03

of course i mean 6 usb ports

Gaz W 15:38 17 Dec 03

Oh right.

Can it be bought as an option or do they only sell it without?

©®@$? 16:05 17 Dec 03

it is an optional extra,but i didn't realise that at the time..

they sell it without..probably part of the reason why the price is so low for such a good motherboard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…