Is there a method of svaing to disc - I have tried to find the option on the
MS site but to no avail.

Regards

Michael Grice

sidecar sid 10:26 11 Apr 04

There is a way to save Windows updates to disk
A guide from Powerless

click here

However it does involve downloading them all again,a pain if you are on dialup.

You can obtain a disc from Microsoft containing most updates(you will need a Hotmail adress)from

click here

johnnyrocker 10:27 11 Apr 04

have alook on the microsoft site there is a free cd with all the updates on it.

johnny,

michaelmas 18:08 20 Apr 04

Many thanks for the tips - I got into the Microsoft site and requested a Cd and it arrived yesterday!

Thanks again

michaelmas 19:42 29 Apr 04

Further to this query, I have received the following method which works well (it also applies to Win98) and you can be selective in the downloads selected:

Create a folder on your hard drive then visit the MS update site. After the Check for Updates applet has loaded do not click the ‘Scan for updates’ option. In the left hand Windows, under ‘See Also’, click ‘Windows Update Calalog’, then in the right hand pane select ‘Find Updates for Microsoft Windows…’, select your operating system, work your way down the list, clicking Add for the Updates you want to download then finish off by clicking ‘Go to Download Basket’ and save them in your newly created folder, after which you can burn them onto a C

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…