mice problem

ginger103 19:37 03 Feb 06

desktop pc running XP HOME SP2.
on returning to my pc after a 3 week break i found that on using my microsoft wireless optical mouse that the cursor kept drifting upwards to the top of the screen .I can bring it back down but it will keep drifting up. I tried another mouse this time a a mouse run by a lead to the PS2 this was better but still tends to drift up or sideways but not by much .Can anyone help in laymans language please as i am a novice.

howard63 20:17 03 Feb 06

with an optical mouse it can react to the patterns on the mouse mat. I have laminated a blank sheet of white paper for my mouse to sit on. This takes care of most problems but if the sheet is not level it tends to drift off. Another thing is that most optical mice work from windows but they generally come with their own software which needs to be installed.

ginger103 22:39 03 Feb 06

thanks howard for replying.
Ihave tried the laminated white paper and i have uninstalled and re installed from the correct soft wear but the cursor still drifts upward

hzhzhz 22:44 03 Feb 06

I had same problem. I was using a glossy mag as a mousemat to reduce friction and the cursor kept fleeing to the corner. Then I tried plain white paper but it was only when the mouse was back on the desk that it worked.

ginger103 22:48 03 Feb 06

thanks howard for replying.
Ihave tried the laminated white paper and i have uninstalled and re installed from the correct soft wear but the cursor still drifts upward

jaritch 23:17 03 Feb 06

Try what hzhzhz says. Get rid of the mat and try it directly onto desk. Works for me

lester1 23:18 03 Feb 06

Yup straight on to the desk for me too

ginger103 18:29 04 Feb 06

thanks to all who answered.
It seems if i have a weird desk as the cursor will only move slowly and not far.
But tthe good news is i took the latest download from microsoft inttellii mouse and all seems to be OK

hzhzhz 19:59 13 Feb 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…