Mice can you have more than one?

SG Atlantis® 17:28 25 Feb 06

It's rather simple question so I psted here.

I have started letting my 4yr old on the PC, closely supervised might I add. Didn't think she could use one, but I had her out at W5 an exploration place and she was great using one of their systems. Seems to cause me chest pains when she is on mine though.

Anyway I use a logitech MX518 and it's too big for her hand. I have seen little chracter mice, ladybirds etc in PCW. Can I have 2 mice connected? My logitech via usb and this mini mouse via PS/2.

Don't really want to have to chop and change all the time.

ade.h 17:38 25 Feb 06

Yep. Works fine in my experience, but; that was with two MS mice. Give it a go, with a restore point.

Smiler 17:56 25 Feb 06

I have two connected all the time incase the batteries go in the wireless one. I then revert to the ps/2 connected one until I renew the batteries.

SG Atlantis® 18:52 25 Feb 06

thanks

007al 20:00 25 Feb 06

It doesnt take them long.My daughter is 8,my son 4.He has no fear of anything going wrong,so does what he wants,changing desktops and things,and plugging his mp3 player in to listen to music.He does all this without being able to read,just by clicking and seeing what it does,he seems to remember,and takes in nearly all i show him first time.They have their own shared pc(no way are they going near mine),and i got them a small notebook mouse with retractable cord.It suits them fine.Also got them a small keyboard with touchpad,so really,it has two mice.The touchpad is quite useful actually.

SG Atlantis® 20:15 25 Feb 06

I'm heading toward getting a small unit for her. Probably second hand or one of the bargain bucket Dells at the moment we have a holdiay to plan for so it'll be after that. She'll actually have her birthday on holiday.

It's scary how they grow up, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her use that computer in W5.

ade.h 21:23 25 Feb 06

When I was five years old, the closest thing to a "home computer" was a Binatone console! Totally different world, mate!

SG Atlantis® 21:29 25 Feb 06

didn't know what one of 'em was, google found this:

click here

My earliest was a Commodore 64 and then a Sega Master System. 8 or 9 I think I was.

007al 21:49 25 Feb 06

I bought a used P4 with Dell monitor for £150 on Freeads site.Added graphics card to play Lego Star Wars(which i play and is a great game,sorry!),changed keyboard and mouse and thats it.An absolute bargain!

watchful 08:21 26 Feb 06

connected all the time, like Smiler. Just in case one fails. PS/2 and USB ports. No problems.

Diemmess 10:21 26 Feb 06

I have (in effect) 2 at the same time. One is a conventional mouse OS2 connection. The other is a tablet pen (old manufacture) connected via Serial port Com1.

Either will act depending on which one signals a change.
A bit disconcerting if the pen is allowed to roll about on the tablet while shifting things around!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…