mhtml link problem

jonnyg111 09:56 25 Mar 06

When trying to link to an mhtml file I get the following message:

MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="----=_NextPart_01C64EAC.09D56800" This document is a Single File Web Page, also known as a Web Archive file. If you are seeing this message, your browser or editor doesn't support Web Archive files. Please download a browser that supports Web Archive, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer. etc

I have (I think) the latest version of Internet Explorer. What should I do?

Thanks

Jonny

mco 10:24 25 Mar 06

when trying to do the same in netobjects fusion. Could you save it again as htm?

mco 10:25 25 Mar 06

is it only a problem in IE? Mine wouldn't work in firefox or opera either, until I changed it.

jonnyg111 11:48 25 Mar 06

Thanks for your posts mco. I have opened the mhtlml file, viewed its source and copied this into a text file, and then saved this as an html file. This then opens/links fine except I have now lost all the graphics, of which there are quite a lot. Any other suggestions?

Jonny

mco 14:19 25 Mar 06

Is it not one you made yourself? Did you save it from an email or someone else's site?

jonnyg111 14:29 25 Mar 06

I had a Word document that included some graphics. I "saved as webpage", and it gave me a mhtml file, something I had never seen before (I was expecting an HTML file with images appearing as gifs.)

Jonny

mco 15:50 25 Mar 06

Well if it's still on your hard drive, try just opening it upas the original mht file then going to 'save as type'and then choose the option 'save as webpage complete'(*htm *html) and see if the graphics work then.

jonnyg111 16:28 25 Mar 06

Hi mco, I've done exactly what you said, but the graphics are still absent. The trouble is it's a long piece of maths, so every fraction (and there are lots of them) appear as separate images. The mhtml idea seems like a good one for this kind of document, if only it could be linked to!

Jonny

mco 10:19 26 Mar 06

to see if someone else can give some more advice here. What format are these fractions then? Just speculating here..would it work if you uploaded them separately to your webspace first? (do they come out as red crosses?)

jonnyg111 15:23 26 Mar 06

Yes, they come out as red crosses. They are inserted as an object into a Word document using Microsoft Equation 3.0. In the past I have created a folder, then simply clicked on 'Save as HTML' into the folder and the document is changed into an HTML document with the graphics/equations appearing in the folder as Image73.gif etc. This is the first time I have tried this with XP, and like some other things (text boxes for example) XP seems a lot less intuitive to use than 98. As my fractions have no existence outside the original Word document, I can't upload them as you suggest.

Jonny

jonnyg111 07:06 27 Mar 06

Thanks for your reply John. I am in Word 2003, and there seems to be no way of saving as html, just as webpage.

Jonny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…