MGI Soft DVD and Windows Xp

John Ross 09:10 16 Mar 03

Does anyone know how/if one can obtain an Xp update for this DVD player? The MGI website claims yes, but redirects to the new parent site Roxio, who have not replied to email rerquests.

If not, can you suggest the best/cheapest software DVD player?

Thank you

-pops- 09:19 16 Mar 03

There is a DVD player included in Windows Media Player which is, in turn, included in XP.

That is the cheapest on as you already have it.

Brian

John Ross 10:13 16 Mar 03

When I use WMP for playing DVDs I get the message
"This application has failed to start because WNASP132.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"
I am loath to reinstall Windows Xp as this has just taken me half a week. Is there something else that can be done?

SEASHANTY 10:32 16 Mar 03

You could try the microsoft site and download Windows Media Player 9 for XP. That may give it to you.

John Ross 10:45 16 Mar 03

I think the actual DVD decoder does not come with the Windows Media Player.
However, I will install version 9 and see what happens.
I do not understand why Microsoft do not include a decoder. Any suggestions?

SEASHANTY 11:06 16 Mar 03

If no luck with the WMP9 upgrade then buy a copy of Power DVD (oem) from CD Rom Cellar. Site address <click here> Note. The earlier version is £5 but is not compatible with XP so you will need Power DVD V4 which costs £12.
Their site isn't all that easy to find stuff so just input DVD into the search window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…