ME,XP network printer driver conflict

pavel 19:08 09 Jan 04

I have 5 pcs on ;an (3 ME,a 1 Win95 and an XP home)They share an HP950C printer on one of the ME,s. But XP pc will not print, says "wrong driver for this printer" ALL others print OK.
The network is good except XP can not see one ME and the Win 95 pc allthough ALL other pc,s see XP.
XP does NOT have a driver for this printer in it,s standard drivers list when I try to "add printer". So Iloaded driver from original printer cd, looked better but at last moment of test print "can not print because of set up problem"
How can I get the XP pc to print?
Thank you
pavel

pavel 19:10 09 Jan 04

woops
pavel

wiznyme 19:30 09 Jan 04

You still need XP drivers for this printer even though it's on an PC running ME.

The 950 must be about 5yr old by now so there's a good chance there won't be any drivers for XP.

If there's none for XP see if there's any for 2K and try those instead, sometimes works.

Jim

pavel 19:55 09 Jan 04

Thanks Jim, I will try 2k drivers
Pavel

spuds 20:10 09 Jan 04

I had a similar problem with a HP590.Worked okay with WM98/WME combination, but would not work with newly installed XP combination.Tried various drivers without success.Ended up with new printer, which saved a lot of hassle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…