me/xp

kevc 09:29 05 May 03

ive got two drives on my computer, c&d.
c drive is 3 gb, this has a copy of millenium and d drive is 20 gb which has xp on it.at the time because d was the bigger drive, this is why i put xp on this drive and it is ntfs. the computer works fine even though the main drive is d and the slave is c. i now want to format the c drive and get rid of m.e which is fat 32 but it will not let me format..why please

kevc 09:50 05 May 03

ive got two drives on my computer, c&d. c drive is 3 gb, this has a copy of millenium and d drive is 20 gb which has xp on it.at the time because d was the bigger drive, this is why i put xp on this drive and it is ntfs. the computer works fine even though the main drive is d and the slave is c. i now want to format the c drive and get rid of m.e which is fat 32 but it will not let me format..why please

Legolas 12:26 05 May 03

When you say it will not let you format what is the error message you get?

Are you formatting with Fdisk?

zanwalk 14:20 05 May 03

Windows always sees the drive it is installed on as 'C', even though it will be referred to as 'D' by the other OS. You obviously can't format the drive you are operating from, XP I presume, so 'D' should be ME, and should be able to be formatted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…