Meta tags and search engine listing descriptions

Midsman2005 16:46 28 Jul 06

Dear forum,

I know this subject comes up time and time again but I could not find anything in the forum that exactly matched was I am asking.

I know meta tags are becoming somewhat reduntant in improving search rankings, so thats not what I am asking.

I was just wondering how meta tags effect the description that the search engine gives you.

For example, when you search for PC Advisor in google you get the following desciption...

PC Advisor

"Expert PC help and advice including news, hardware reviews, forums, buying advice and software downloads from PC Advisor."

I assume "PC Advisor" is the page title and the rest appears in a meta tag in the header...or am I completely wrong?

If I wanted to try and get my website to have a description like that would putting in a meta tag do the trick, or at least improve the chances of the description I want appearing?

Thanks and I apologise if this is a bit of a silly question.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…