meta tags

SumKindaMonster 15:15 02 Mar 04

Where should i add them? my web forwarding provider has some that ive set up but id actually like to implement them into each page but im unsure how to do it. the web forwarded address is click here but the actual address is

click here

Taran 15:31 02 Mar 04

Some metatag generators for you to look at:

click here

click here

Some explanations of what Metatags are and how they work:

click here

click here

Taran 15:31 02 Mar 04

Some metatag generators for you to look at:

click here

click here

Some explanations of what Metatags are and how they work:

click here

click here

mother inferior 16:51 02 Mar 04

when deciding which ones to use, I find it really helpful to look at high ranking sites similar to the one I want tags for. If you click View>Source in IE you can see what tags they use and, er, 'borrow' the appropriate ones.

The software you used to build the site should have a facility for adding meta tags without needing to know where to put them, which is great if you're lazy like me ;)

mother inferior 16:51 02 Mar 04

when deciding which ones to use, I find it really helpful to look at high ranking sites similar to the one I want tags for. If you click View>Source in IE you can see what tags they use and, er, 'borrow' the appropriate ones.

The software you used to build the site should have a facility for adding meta tags without needing to know where to put them, which is great if you're lazy like me ;)

SumKindaMonster 16:58 02 Mar 04

does frontpage have such a feature

SumKindaMonster 16:58 02 Mar 04

does frontpage have such a feature

Taran 17:50 02 Mar 04

Yes, FrontPage does have the ability to help you add Metatags. It's not a very elegant way of doing things though, and is one of the few weak points of FrontPage.

With a page open in Normal view click on File, click on Properties, click on the tab called Custom then use the Add button to add your tags and their values. FrontPage seems to assume that yuo know the tags you want to add and what their values should be.

The metatag generators are easier to use and all you need to do is copy and paste the tags into your page code.

Keep in mind that the metatag system is not nearly as effective as it was several years ago. Search engine technology, like most things, is moving on and the search engines now 'read' a page of text much like a person would. This allows them to index a page content even when no metatag data is present.

So although metatags can help your site, don't necessarily feel that you have to fall over yourself trying to cram loads of them in. They are one small piece of the puzzle in search engine optimisation.

Taran 17:50 02 Mar 04

Yes, FrontPage does have the ability to help you add Metatags. It's not a very elegant way of doing things though, and is one of the few weak points of FrontPage.

With a page open in Normal view click on File, click on Properties, click on the tab called Custom then use the Add button to add your tags and their values. FrontPage seems to assume that yuo know the tags you want to add and what their values should be.

The metatag generators are easier to use and all you need to do is copy and paste the tags into your page code.

Keep in mind that the metatag system is not nearly as effective as it was several years ago. Search engine technology, like most things, is moving on and the search engines now 'read' a page of text much like a person would. This allows them to index a page content even when no metatag data is present.

So although metatags can help your site, don't necessarily feel that you have to fall over yourself trying to cram loads of them in. They are one small piece of the puzzle in search engine optimisation.

SumKindaMonster 18:02 02 Mar 04

ok taran are u a staff member on this forum? you always seem to be on

SumKindaMonster 18:02 02 Mar 04

ok taran are u a staff member on this forum? you always seem to be on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…