Messsenger & CCleaner Problem

Condom 13:03 PM 31 May 12

I use Windows Messenger for keeping in touch during my world travels. I also use CCleaner to keep my machine free of unwanted additions. However I have a problem that one is affecting the other. I think I know how to correct it if I could only find out where the Messenger files which keep vanishing when using CCleaner are stored and what they are called so I can protect them.

The files that are disappearing when using CCleaner are those associated with the little pictures which display beside your contacts in Messenger and I am left with the standard Messenger little grey man rather than a photo of my friends. I did ask Microsoft but met a stony silence. If any one can help me identify the relevant files and where they might be stored I would be most pleased.

rdave13 17:25 PM 31 May 12

In Ccleaner untick the box for for windows live messenger under internet under the applications tab.

Condom 17:29 PM 31 May 12

rdave

Done that so hopefully that will cure my problem. When my friends come back on line their pictures reappear so after that I will run CCleanner and see if they remain. Thanks

Condom 23:52 PM 08 Jun 12

Sorry but that has not cured the problem as the first time I have run CCleaner since I got the pictures back when friends signed in again they have all vanished again. Has anyone any idea where these files might be stored on my PC?

rdave13 00:30 AM 09 Jun 12

This might give a clue depending on your OS.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites