messing about with stuff a no nothing about ;-( !

paul steven 17 Oct 11

can anybody help me please my freind told me to go into f2 to reboot my computer but as a have no idea what im doin at all a went into it and started messing around changing this and that and now when a switch it on it says disc error press ctrl/alt and delete and nothing else happens just that and it was working fine unitll a done that ano im stupid for messing about with things a no nothing about but can someone please help me thanks paul

northumbria61 18 Oct 11

It appears you have been messing with the BIOS settings - follow these instructions to reset the CMOS values to the default setting or an option to load the fail-safe defaults. enter link description here

Terry Brown 19 Oct 11

I would suggest a better option.

As you have no idea what you are messing with, take it to someone who does know!!!

If you mess the BIOS up , all you will have is a large paperweight.

Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message