messenger and zone alarm

fire 23:25 16 Oct 06

i seem to have a conflict with these as i cannot use both together...is there a setting i need to make in order to allow messenger access.....im using live messenger....thanks

johnnyrocker 23:32 16 Oct 06

depends on the versions involved but somewhere in the allow settings will be the option to allow messenger access.

johnny.

terryf 23:32 16 Oct 06

I found many problems with live messaenger and I and my contacts who use webcams have gone back to messenger 7.5

kauwi 01:27 17 Oct 06

Hi fire

Make sure Windows firewall is disabled.(its not that good anyway) Control panel>firewall and disable. Goto Zone Alarm security settings and look for IM security down on the left side, click setings tab up on right side of screen and left click on each box for msn, leave spamblocker and encrypted alone.

The above works for Zone Alarm Security suite.

If you have Zone Alarm firewall you need to access the programs menu and allow the program messenger or msnmsger.exe to connect to the internet.

I'm using v8.0 of messenger, Zone Alarm Security Suite

kauwi 01:31 17 Oct 06

There arent many problems with messenger, make sure all the people u know are using the same software. I'm using beta versions just now for windows live and also windows messenger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac