Messenger to Skype. Anyone moved yet

tonyx1302 10:55 AM 23 Feb 13

Hello. I keep getting emails stating I have to move my Messenger a/c over to Skype by early April. As a simpleton where all thing computer are involved has anybody moved their account yet. If so was it painless and easy as I am very concerned about all my contacts, will people still be able to use my hotmail address,etc,etc, etc,etc ?

My desktop is/has been running so smoothly that I am loathe to change anything and am concerned that I will open up a whole new can of worms!

Any thoughts,comments or suggestions would be very gratefully received. I have checked with Google but am still unhappy to press the 'upgrade' now button on Messenger/Skype.

Thank you

daxian 11:49 AM 23 Feb 13

hi .. moved about a month ago problems do miss some aspects of messenger but as stated ,there is no option come april its a done thing .

tonyx1302 11:57 AM 23 Feb 13

Thanks Jock1e & daxian. Any further comments out there please.

Zeppelyn 14:23 PM 23 Feb 13

If you use Messenger often then from articles I've read the experience is going to be painful. Have a read of the link or google for other experiences. You could use things like Trillian etc. a little longer but not much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11