Messenger to Skype. Anyone moved yet

tonyx1302 10:55 AM 23 Feb 13

Hello. I keep getting emails stating I have to move my Messenger a/c over to Skype by early April. As a simpleton where all thing computer are involved has anybody moved their account yet. If so was it painless and easy as I am very concerned about all my contacts, will people still be able to use my hotmail address,etc,etc, etc,etc ?

My desktop is/has been running so smoothly that I am loathe to change anything and am concerned that I will open up a whole new can of worms!

Any thoughts,comments or suggestions would be very gratefully received. I have checked with Google but am still unhappy to press the 'upgrade' now button on Messenger/Skype.

Thank you

daxian 11:49 AM 23 Feb 13

hi .. moved about a month ago problems do miss some aspects of messenger but as stated ,there is no option come april its a done thing .

tonyx1302 11:57 AM 23 Feb 13

Thanks Jock1e & daxian. Any further comments out there please.

Zeppelyn 14:23 PM 23 Feb 13

If you use Messenger often then from articles I've read the experience is going to be painful. Have a read of the link or google for other experiences. You could use things like Trillian etc. a little longer but not much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know