Messenger sign-in problems

JINXED02 20:29 10 Feb 04

Quote" Sorry we could not sign you in because the sign-in name does not exist or your password is incorrect, if you have forgotten your password please click the help screen blah blah blah"

win98se os
seems virus free
The user/pass work fine as checked on other pc's however when trying on this win98se model i get this error any idea's, I ve checked the sfc and everything is correct, reinstalled ie explorer and the dial up connection.

Cuddles 22:05 10 Feb 04

Have you tried repairing your MSN Messenger applicatiion? Go to add\remove progs click onto messenger>remove and choose repair option or redownload and install over the top, hope this helps.

SirGalahad2004 22:33 10 Feb 04

was your passowrd or addy i upper case ?

JINXED02 17:07 11 Feb 04

Thanx for the reply to the both of you, unfortunatly the problem is still unresolved even after trying both methods, ie: repair and alternative caps for the user/pass. I must point out I am no novice as when it comes to pc's but this has me stumped, I know there are plenty of other goo messenager services around but at present I have a huge contact list on msn and would like if possible to re-establish the program if possible other than transposing onto a nother format. I have used hijack this,spybot,ad-aware, norton antivirus, driver rollback, scanreg /restore, sfc, reinstalled, checked the reg/program for anormallies, as well as the network settings. I can get access via another pc with my user/pass so I know it pc related.. your feedback is always appreciated, Thanx.

Lozzy 17:12 11 Feb 04

Take out your password then re type it in and tick the box remember password then re sign in..

Its worked for me when this has happened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…