Messenger Service

Cartner 18:01 02 Jun 03

Can somebody please offer me salvation? I keep getting those annoying grey pop-ups which advertise the usual spam, they dont do any harm but are extremely annoying when your busy with something else.
Does anyone know how I can banish these demons? Or at the very least cut down the number I recieve?

Cheers

Cartner

VoG™ 18:03 02 Jun 03

click here

And please don't keep repeating yourself.

Alan2207 18:51 08 Jun 03

This alternative that you post is fine if you dont use MSN Messenger Service, however I do. So can anyone answer that one, How do you stop the pop ups if u use MSN Messenger. I'm sure I read an article in PC Advisor but am unable to find it.

Cheers

Al

hugh-265156 18:57 08 Jun 03

the messenger service and msn messenger are two different things Alan2207

Alan2207 19:17 08 Jun 03

Well pardon me, MSN Messenger is a service that is provided by MSN, and to use that service you need MSN Messenger. So for those that dont have the extra brain cell to add 1+1=2 I'll rephrase the question. Can anyone please help me to stop the annoying pop ups that keeps on "popping up, as in popping up on the screen whilst playing a game". Whilst keeping MSN Messenger Signed in and usable, I did actually read an article in a magazine but cannot find it for the life of me.

Thank You

Al

muppetmark 19:25 08 Jun 03

The grey pop ups are windows messenger messaging service , nowt to do with MSN messenger.

Never use MSN myself but I believe there is an ooption in tools > privacy in MSN to only allow contacts from those on your contacts list

Alan2207 19:29 08 Jun 03

This does nothing

hugh-265156 19:35 08 Jun 03

tools/options/privicy and block anybody you do not want to contact you.

tools/options/preferences and tick appropriate boxes

tools/options/personal/edit profile untick all the boxes under communications.

muppetmark 19:44 08 Jun 03

to check if it is the windows messenger service you are having problems with click here

This will not affect MSN messenger

also click here MSN messenger newsgroup may help you too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…