Messenger Problem

AubreyS 08:25 11 Jun 03

Morning all. I'm running Windows XP Pro. I've been using Windows Messenger 5.0 until a couple of day's ago and all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. The only change is that I've installed XP SP1. Any ideas anyone?

expertec 09:19 11 Jun 03

How is it not working? Is it not running? Not logging on?

AubreyS 12:27 11 Jun 03

Hi expertec.
It just won't run. I click on it and nothing happens.

anniesboy68 14:28 11 Jun 03

Try this...Go to Control Panel/Add\remove programs/Add\Remove Windows programs/Accessories\ then scroll down to messenger and see if there is a tick against the prog. If there is untick it press ok re boot and go back to it and re tick it...see what happens.If there is no tick....well put one in and see what happens....cheers anniesboy68

OneSirKnight 14:31 11 Jun 03

try using MSN Messanger.for xp

OneSirKnight 14:33 11 Jun 03
  AubreyS 17:56 11 Jun 03

I did as you suggested then reinstalled. That seemed to do the trick. When I was using Messenger yesterday, before I was unable to open it. I was trying to use my my camera so I could see my friend. I was able to see him but he was'nt seeing me, It worked ok the day before. As you were clever enough to sort out my 1st problem I wonder if you can sort this. That would be really appreciated.

As I'm using XP, I thought istalling the version of Messenger for XP would be a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion

anniesboy68 17:23 07 Jul 03

Could be a firewall problem, or have you sorted it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…