Messenger Plus and Dropper Trojan.

Installed and ran AVG on a neighbours' Windows 98. It found two entries for Dropper.Swicer.A trojan, and deleted them.

Back home, a Google search revealed their origin to be Messenger Plus, a program her children had downloaded. But worryingly, there were indications it is not that simple to remove them.

Any previous on this, please?

Jester2K II 14:18 11 Dec 03

Messenger Plus is an addon for MSN Messenger. It contains Spyware.

I also did a Google search and found the reviews at Download.com that mention this. It all seems very confused...

You said yourself the two instances were deleted so its gone. Rescan to make sure...

Thanks, yes I've phoned Sue to scan again. Wondered if it will re-appear on re-boot?

Chegs ® 16:20 11 Dec 03

Messenger Plus asks if you want to install a sponsor,clicking no,it still installs.I have it installed on both mine and my daughters puters,ad-aware/AVG/Spybot finds nothing.

That may be the reason! If they clicked yes, that will have installed the trojans.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…