Messenger Live Email Virus

sean-278262 12:23 26 Jul 06

Dear Messenger User:

Strike up the band, ready the confetti, and join the party—Windows Live™ Messenger, the future of MSN Messenger®, has arrived! With lots of innovation and exciting new ways to connect to your friends, it's now easier than ever to stay in touch!

New ways to connect and share instantly!

* Voice
– Free PC to PC calling
– Make affordable international calls with Windows Live Call*

* Video Calling
– Connect face-to-face with your friends**

* Sharing Folders
– Drag and drop to share personal photos, files & more

* Cool new phones & web cams for Windows Live Messenger
– Call your Messenger contacts from the couch

* Windows Live Contacts
– Your friends' contact info is always current

Stay in touch like never before:
Windows Live Messengeer screen shot
All you had before–plus more!

Be among the first to join the next generation of Messenger—use your existing MSN® Messenger account or Hotmail® email account to upgrade and get started now! Then tell your friends to join you! Your contacts and content will follow to your new account without missing a beat.

Welcome to the future!

Your friends on the Windows Live Messenger team

*PC to phone calling is a pay service provided by Verizon Web Calling
**Requires Web cam and broadband connection

You are receiving this message because you are a valued Microsoft customer. If you have any questions about our privacy policies, please read the Windows Live Privacy Statement at click here.

We hope you find these communications valuable, however, if you would prefer to no longer receive promotional offers or research e-mails from MSN or Windows Live please visit our Marketing Preferences page. click here

©2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft, Hotmail, Windows Live and the Windows Live logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, U.S.A.

Message-Id: [email protected]>

Just got this load of tosh

All addresses link to what appears to be a virus.

click here
click here
click here

Be sure to pass it on to said young ones as you know if they read this stuff that they will be downloading it from there.

jolorna 13:11 26 Jul 06

i have windows live messenger, but no virus here

sean-278262 13:12 26 Jul 06

Jolorna so do I what I am saying is that this is a fake email suggesting it is from the messenger lot but actually is from a duff website cimail1.com and the download location is not on the MSN site but their own and a virus.

jolorna 13:28 26 Jul 06

you say you have it, and your also trying to say its a fake email & download site, which is a virus, im just saying i have no problems with it or where it came from, so i don't get what your trying to gain by your posting

sean-278262 13:35 26 Jul 06

Jolorna you clearly not following the latest trends in email spam. THE ABOVE EMAIL IS DOING THE ROUNDS. It is not from Microsoft. It is from a spammer trying to get you to download and install a virus. MESSENGER LIVE HAS NO VIRUS.

THE ABOVE LINKS COMING IN THIS EMAIL IN MY FIRST POST DO CONTAIN A VIRUS AND NOT THE PROPORTED MESSENGER LIVE LINKS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now