Messenger and home page hijacked

goll_y 18:49 26 Apr 04

Hi All,

I'm having a few problems locating something that is causing a few problems in IE Explorer and Messenger.

Firstly, home page keeps resetting. Have Adaware, Spybot etc and have checked registry settings on the Microsoft Knowledge page 320159. It seems the problem disappears for a bit but will come back.

Secondly, and probably related, when I sign into MSN Messenger I get a contact list I'd rather not have and it won't sign me into my normal one!

VoG II 18:52 26 Apr 04

Try using Start Page Guard click here

Have you run CWShredder? click here

VoG II 18:54 26 Apr 04

MSN Messenger - do you mean your list of contacts that you chat to or the list of people that you can log in as? Which version of Windows.

goll_y 19:04 26 Apr 04

It's the list of contacts I can chat to. It's Windows XP.

Tried CWShreddar but nothing found.

goll_y 19:40 26 Apr 04

Not sure what is wrong - it seems to disappear and then come back when I turn the computer on a day later (although it isn't there if I restart the computer).

I hate these annoying niggly things

VoG II 23:32 26 Apr 04

Try posting a Hijack This log at click here where you will find comprehensive instructions. Remember to start a new thread on there.

Hijack This logs do not post well on here due to formatting and the 800 word limit.

johnnyrocker 23:45 26 Apr 04

what about a decent firewall?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…