messenger file transfer.

brge 16:12 28 Jun 03

me and my friend would like to send files to each other via messenger but he can only send them to me. why? can you help

Forum Editor 16:50 28 Jun 03

If you do, you might want to try disabling it.

Jomi 16:51 28 Jun 03

I had exactly the same problem and I was told it was to do with bandwidth, it ended with me sending files to him via e-mail while he carried on using messenger.

I think that firewalls may also have an effect.

Sorry I don't have a solid answer for you but at least I'll bump your message to the top of the page.

good luck.

kane_2002k 17:03 28 Jun 03

Do you have a firewall as the forum ed. mentioned or a router that is blocking ports? i believe the ports you need to be open are:-

'To enable voice communications, make sure that outgoing TCP connections from port 6901 are enabled. Also enable UDP packets where either the source or the destination port is 6901.

To enable file transfers, enable both incoming and outgoing TCP connections to the 6891-6900 range of TCP ports. This allows each sender to perform up to 10 simultaneous file transfers. Note that if only TCP port 6891 is open, users are only able to perform one file transfer at a time.

To enable messaging, enable outgoing TCP connections to TCP port 1863.'

Secondly are you using windows ICS, if so then MSN messenger's file sharing will not work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac