Messenger automatically starting via Outlook Exprs

SylvesterMagic 10:44 30 Dec 06

Hi
After letting my niece play around on my PC over Christmas - she's managed to get her Messenger account to startup automatically whenever I open Outlook Express. It's annoying more than anything else because I now can't turn it off, which means I get her friends sending me messages all the time!

I can disable it by "Logging Off" via Tools. But then when I next open Outlook Express it's there again.

I've also checked under Tools>Options and I have unchecked the automatic startup of Messenger, but this doesn't seem to have any effect.

I've even removed Messenger via Add/Remove programmes - but it still pops up when I open Outlook Express!

Any ideas? Thanks

VoG II 10:47 30 Dec 06
  birdface 12:50 30 Dec 06

Hi,I was going to say turn it off Via tools, But just went into mine and could not find it,Dont know where it dissapeared to, its always been on there, Unless the last up-date from Microsoft has deleted it,Have you tried up-dating microsoft in case you have missed it,Or maybe its because I use IE7, Are you still on IE6,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…