Messenger automatic sign in

Zvuqniki 23:45 29 Nov 03

i cant get rid of MSN Messenger's automatic sign in!! i have windows XP ! i have achieved that in windows 2000, but in XP.. it's different. in windows 2000 i just went in to the Registry Editor and searched something with my e-mail , i mean i searched my e-mail address, and found some User.NET messenger service, deleted that and it was done :D !!! but in XP i cant find that data. Can somebody help me ? .... i know in the end i can achieve that by uninstalling Messenger, and everything related to it, and then installing it again, but is there a shortcut?

Jester2K II 23:47 29 Nov 03

Tools, Options, General...

Jester2K II 23:48 29 Nov 03

Tools, Options, General...

Zvuqniki 23:48 29 Nov 03

it's somewhere deeper, but i cant find it

Jester2K II 23:49 29 Nov 03

So whats the exact problem? MSN Messenger Signing you in when you are connected to the net or starting up with the PC?

What vesion of MSN are you using?

Zvuqniki 23:51 29 Nov 03

the problem is, that my e-mail is on the window when i open MSN messenger, and then you just press sign in, and it signs in! the problem is, what if somebody else used my computer, they could log in to my account anytime they wanted. i saw my cousins do it, that's when it hit me.

Jester2K II 23:56 29 Nov 03

This a new "feature" (ahem) of XP and NET Passport accounts. Once you have a NET Passport it gets linked to your XP Account on your PC. I think the assumption is that if you are logged into an XP Account then you are also the NET Passport owner and therefore automatically logs you into your MSN and Hotmail.

I assume you want a password prompt instead?

One fix would be to have a second account for guests.

Jester2K II 23:59 29 Nov 03

Tools, Options, Privacy, Check "Always Ask me for my password when checking Hotmail etc" to disable the Auto Hotmail log in...

Zvuqniki 00:02 30 Nov 03

nope, it's not that. you can still sign in without my password!! what i want to do is, i don't want anyone to sign in automatically.

Jester2K II 00:04 30 Nov 03

Sorry do you mean that after doing the last option "Tools, Options, Privacy, Check "Always Ask me for etc" THEN logging off MSN and logging on again you can get into Hotmail WITHOUT a password?

Zvuqniki 00:05 30 Nov 03

the problem is not getting into hotmail. the problem is signing into my messenger without my password. you know when you sing in you have that little tab "always remember my username and password" ! well can i undo that thing :@

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…