MESSENGER 8.5

antony.dandrea 18:27 21 Feb 09

A few weeks ago i downloaded Windows Messneger 8.5
I have Vista.
Anyway fast forward a few weeks, and Microsoft has issued messages telling the public that an update is available. But i already had the update so i ignored it. But it kept coing dso i clicked it. It downloaded and installed agian on top of the old one however this caused an error that had no known solution. After uninstalling and redownloading a few times it still didnt work!!!! So i went back to a restore point and it was fixed. HOWEVER HERES THE P**S TAKE, MESSENGER WOULD NOT LET ME LOG IN UNTIL I UPDATED, EVEN THO I HAVE ALREADY GOT THE UPDATE, AND NOW THE PROBLEM HAS STARTED AGAIN. THE ERROR HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE REGISTRY BUT C-CLEANER FOUND NO PROBLEMS. BASSICALLY MESSENGER WONT LET ME SIGN IN.
Has anyone had the same problem? What do i do?

dogbreath1 19:18 21 Feb 09

There is a new version (minor revision) of Windows Messenger. The installer used by Microsoft has had loads of problems, many of which I've experienced myself.

One Registry related problem I had related to permissions which had to be given before the installer could make the necessary registry changes. click here

That may help.

As far as registry cleaning is concerned, I would treat CCleaner as a tickle with a duster. Eusing Free Registry Cleaner is likely to do a more thorough job. click here

rdave13 19:30 21 Feb 09

Another way is to use Revo uninstaller; click here . Will take a few clicks of the mouse to get rid of all WLM files and registry components. Reboot and reinstall from here; click here

dogbreath1 00:35 22 Feb 09

Great program (currently v 1.8). Good advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac