messenger 8 problem

terryf 19:21 25 Jun 06

I have been using a webcam and MSN Messenger 7.5 for months. Yesterday I tried to use msn messenger 7.5 but got a message to say it had been updated to 8 so installed 8 and tried to video a contact in Canada, got message to say he had to update too. Emailed him and he updated. Now we can only communicate through messenger by typing messages but no video. Tried to start a video conversation (webcam) but it doesn't connect from either end. Some of the links on the 'Windows Live Messenger' site are broken, a Google for Messenger 7.5 takes you to 'Windows Live Messenger' with a 15.7 gb file download version 8.0.0792.00. Any suggestions?

jimv7 19:33 25 Jun 06

Restore the pc's to before the update was installed.

terryf 19:51 25 Jun 06

Not as easy as that as I had a computer crash and don't have any restore data. Now looking on web for a 7.5 version to go back to that if I can. Looking at some blogs, it would appear that others have problems. I'm hoping some-one on this forum has had success

ACOLYTE 22:25 25 Jun 06

15.7 gb file for messenger live, i think its more 15Mb,but i have found MSN 7 here click here and 7.5 here click here

HTH.

007al 23:32 25 Jun 06

For any older software versions click here

brundle 23:35 25 Jun 06

click here
new and older versions

terryf 10:03 26 Jun 06

Thanks to all, I found a source for 7.5, now have to have discussions with my contacts to see where we go from here because they also updated, has anyone been sucessful with the v8 or have they continued to use 7.5?

terryf 01:28 27 Jun 06

Problem solved, we have all gone back to version 7.5. I received emails from msoft support intimating that the v8 system was perfect and it must be my setup or system that is imperfect, b*llsh*t, just had a 3/4 hour video conversation with my brother after we had made a corporate decision to revert to v 7.5 and no problems at all, he said his machine hung whenever he tried to connect with v8 and he has just bought a new PC with sufficient resources to do video editing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…