Messenger 6.1

PEG007 23:32 07 Feb 04

I have recently downloaded M 6.1 and have been successful in making video contact and can access file transfer etc. However, I cannot establish an audio link. Test by Wizard indicate all is ok with sound and vision. I'm running Windows XP Pro with Zone Alert and AVG anti-virus system.Any suggestions?

critic-al 00:33 08 Feb 04

yes mate forget msn video/audio your not alone on this one,my recomendation is to use another audio/videoprogram like Eyeballchat which is totaly free and it works,alongside msn/yahoo ect

click here

sohaib 02:12 08 Feb 04

well i had bad experience with msn too..

so now i use yahoo messenger, which is great..
u can use video on msn and voice on yahoo... it kindov works better like that for me.

hope it helps

SirGalahad2004 02:15 08 Feb 04

used both . seems one works better one day than the other ... best solloution is to have both msn and yahoo

ianeon 06:00 08 Feb 04

I had the same problem as Peg - Followed your advice - downloaded "Eyeballchat" - It seems to work O.K. - Checked for Ad & Spyware - It had installed "Browseraid" on my comp - no problems found after getting rid of spyware.

acfc 07:43 08 Feb 04

Try turning off zonealarm to get the audio to work.

This worked for me ~ I didn't want to change to yahoo as all my friends were on msn!

keith-236785 11:12 08 Feb 04

no matter what i tried, i couldn't get audio to work, so i used Netmeeting instead. no problems at all.

just another option for you

PEG007 11:29 08 Feb 04

Thanks guys: I'll give Netmeeting and Eyeballchat a whirl and see what develops.

Baslla321 12:31 08 Feb 04

I have XP pro same as you and had the same problem for many weeks. After many different suggestions etc I gotit to work by just un- enabling the QoS packet on my cable LAN . Also the other guys that you contact must also have windows xp.

PEG007 15:11 08 Feb 04

Baslla321: How do you un-enable the QoS Packet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…