Messenger 6.1

Marcus73 11:41 07 Dec 03

Installed the new version of Messenger. When i start Messenger and click to sign-in, i get a message saying 'The new version is available, would you like to download it now'

I've already got the new version?

How can i get round this?

Lozzy 15:56 07 Dec 03

Simplest way,,, Re download it

Lozzy 16:00 07 Dec 03

Simplest way,,, Re download it

Chegs ® 16:15 07 Dec 03

Try exiting msn(right click systray icon/exit)and restarting it.Then try exiting then removing msn,and reinstalling.Make sure you haven't got win messenger lurking anywhere as that can cause allsorts of weird behaviour in msn. :-)

Pccillin 23:05 10 Dec 03

I too am having the same problem.
I have tried uninstalling it and re downloading it but it makes no difference . Every time I log into MSN I get asked to download a new version, which either messenger.0 or 6.1.

Going round in circles.

How can I stopp it asking?

Does Un-installing and Reinstalling MSN fix it? If so How do you un-install MSN.

Cheers.

InZaNE_mOdS 23:07 10 Dec 03

no idea, but mine stopped after i redownloaded it.

keenan 23:12 10 Dec 03

To remove 'messenger'

1. Click on the Start button and select Run.
2. Type:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

in the text box and click OK. You will see a progress bar appear shortly as it deletes its files and it will then ask you to reboot. After the reboot the program will be gone.

Uninstalling Messenger on computers that have Service Pack 1 installed

Open Control Panel from the Start menu.
Choose Add or Remove Programs.
Select Add/Remove Windows Components.
Click to remove the checkmark next to "Windows Messenger".
Click the Next button.
Click the Finish button.
Reboot
Note - sometimes you have have to perform BOTH operations (both the Add/Remove AND the command line removal)

Pccillin 23:13 10 Dec 03

I must have downloaded it and un-installed and re-installed 5 times today.

What a nightmare. Argh!!!!!

Someone must know the cure.

Cheers.

Audeal 01:05 11 Dec 03

My version won't log in automaticly. I have to cancel the login and do it manualy.

hugh-265156 01:09 11 Dec 03

im still using windows messenger 4.7,works well no problems.

system restore maybe?

The Spires 09:13 11 Dec 03

The are strange things happening with Messenger, I have the latest version from the MSN site installed a week or so ago yet I had to reinstall the same version 6.1.0203 yesterday to gain access. I know three other people who have had the same problem. There is some bits about it on click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…