messenger

ponytail 22:09 24 Aug 10

Think I have just made a mistake installed messsenger om my wifes new notepad using my messenger address which is on my PC and this seems to cause a problem.Is it possible to remove messenger from my wifes notepad it does not appear in the list of programs when I click on add or remove programs but it is there when I click on all programs

birdface 22:15 24 Aug 10

Just add her address and password when signing in instead of yours..

birdface 22:24 24 Aug 10

Should have said just use her address and password.
I have my 3 grandkids on mine as well but they use their own e-mail addresses and passwords.

ponytail 22:34 24 Aug 10

I should have created her own account on the notepad so can I remove messenger fron the notepad without affecting my PC

birdface 22:58 24 Aug 10

It probably comes under widows live essentials in add remove.But not 100% sure.
I must admit you have lost me a bit.
Does she have her own e-mail address and password.
If not create one for her and she will be able to sign in using that.
If she already has an e-mail address and password why cant she sign in using that.
There is no need to use yours then.

ponytail 23:28 24 Aug 10

Hi buteman what happened was my wife bought a notepad and tonight I installed msn messenger on the notepad using the email address I use on my PC for messenger and live messenger and used the same password.Now if I am on live messenger and she logs into messenger it kicks me out.I should have created a completely new account with new password.So is it possible to start again by removing messenger from the notepad and creating a new account.

birdface 23:38 24 Aug 10

You dont need to remove messenger just remove your E-mail address and password.
just go to messenger on the notebook but don't sign in.
Click on the little arrow underneath the e-mail address.
Untick remember me remember my password then click on forget me.
A box will pop up telling you that you are about to sign out or something like that just press ok.
And that should clear your details of messenger on the notebook..

ponytail 23:54 24 Aug 10

hi again buteman as soon as I go onto messenger it seems to sign me in automatically

ponytail 23:57 24 Aug 10

if I am logged onto live messenger on my PC and click onto messenger on the notepad it just signs me in so I am unable to see my address on messenger

birdface 00:00 25 Aug 10

Go to tools.options.Sign in.And make sure the top 3 or 4 are unticked.Apply Ok.
Then sign out and see if you can do it then.

birdface 00:06 25 Aug 10

Do that on the notebook and maybe it will work on there without it turning off your own messenger as well.
Once you have removed your details from the netbook check your own setting and maybe you may have to put ticks on the programs that were unticked.
I keep mine unticked I find it better that way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos