messed up typing

grizzley 19:56 02 Apr 09

Can somebody please help, i am having constant problems with typing letters,or documents.
when i type my cursor keeps disappearing up the page, taking some of text with it, also the page keeps going up whilst typing.other problems are text vanishing altogether. I have windows vista home basic build 6001.computer is only 6 months old.This problem occurs whether i use windows office, or word/ notepad, does not matter which i use the same problem occurs. it is annoying because i have to keep going back and re-doing text. Please help.

Thank you

MAJ 20:55 02 Apr 09

The last time (a few years ago) that I had a similar problem was in XP. It turned out it was caused by the in-built Speech Recognition software, I had been experimenting with it and forgot to turn it off. It then picked up random sounds which made the cursor do as you describe. Just something to check out, grizzley.

grizzley 10:23 03 Apr 09

Thanks maj will have a look and see.

grizzley 10:26 03 Apr 09

Had a look at speech recognition, as mentioned in maj reply. Unfortunately this is not in use, and is still switched off. So problem must be something else.

AlouetteIII 11:13 03 Apr 09

Would it be worth trying another keyboard, perhaps?

grizzley 12:46 03 Apr 09

Unfortunately I am using a laptop computer. forgot to mention that part.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5