messaging software

buttyboy 14:38 27 Feb 03

hello,

im having problems trying to find some messaging software that dos'nt popup in the middle of the screen, preferably display an icon in the bottom right hand side of the screen and then open the message from there by clicking on the icon.

had all kinds of trouble,

Can anyone HELP!!!

scan513 14:51 27 Feb 03

You Didn't say what kind of Messenger software you have tried, but if you used MSN Messenger and just want it to open when you want; and not popup on the screen everytime you start your computer then first click on the 'Tools' tab then on the 'options....' then go to 'General' and untick 'Run Messenger when Windows starts' and anything else you don't want from here.

Hope thats of some help.

buttyboy 14:59 27 Feb 03

sorry i didnt make that clear, basically it will be used over a LAN of about 100 users.
i looked a winpopup but i had no joy
you send a message to someone and it just appears on there screen with no warning

scan513 15:36 27 Feb 03

Ok, Sorry I cant be of more help, have you tried any of these: click here
click here

€dstow 15:43 27 Feb 03

Use any of these things with caution!

Judging by the reactions of many members here (including me) message icons/popups/anything of that kind are not viewed favourably and you may find yourself at the bottom of the popularity lists

€d

scan513 16:01 27 Feb 03

Apologies to €dstow; had not realised, I don't want to step on anyones toes here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…