MessageStop.net who is it

willhay 11:02 11 Jan 04

I keep getting a pop up on my desktop asking me to go to this website and buy a program called messagestop, apart from buying their prog can I set esurfer up to stop this kind of pop up

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:06 11 Jan 04

Go to start-control-panel-admin tools-services and scroll down to messenger, double click and ensure that 'strat up type' is disabled and that 'service status' is stopped.

G

willhay 11:47 11 Jan 04

Thanx Gandalf have done what you said but what HAVE I done, by the way I'm on ntl bband and winxp

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:00 11 Jan 04

You have disabled a system for sending messages over a network to colleague's computers. This, although on the face of it, was a good idea but has been exploited by spammers to send all sorts of messages, 'Juanita Girl' being the most imfamous:-0. You do not need this service so shutting it down will be no bother and will cause no Net problems.

There are plenty of companies that charge $29+ for this info, or they send a small script file that does the same job.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…