messages saying memory resource low

LJC 10:50 10 Nov 04

A friend of mine frequently gets this message. "memory resource low" I know every body should know this but does it mean Hard disk space low or need more RAM ??

Thanks

bathjobby 11:37 10 Nov 04

It means what it say on the can i.e. memory is low. When the disk space is getting low (usually below 200mb remaining, you will get a 'disk space low' warning. Memory low is usually too many programs running or too many windows open, many IE sessions will eat up your memory, but you didn't say how much was available. (also, badly writtem programs which don't release memory back to Windows could cause this, is there a common denominator either in progs running at the time, or just losts of windows / sessions ?)

LJC 11:41 10 Nov 04

Thanks bathjobby, he say it pops up when using scandisk or defrag, nether of which seem to work properly

bathjobby 11:54 16 Nov 04

Maybe he doesn't have much memory ! The thing with defrag is that you need to have everything else shut down. So if he has antivirus software, firewalls, scheduled events, etc (all sitting quietly in the background), close everything down before running (making sure that his internet connection is disconnected first).

LJC 13:01 16 Nov 04

Ok Bathjobby I will give all of that a try. Many thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…