Message from Windows Internet Explorer

Yimbo 14:31 PM 08 Nov 13

"Stop running this script. A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive"

I keep getting this message - even twice while I typed this post! Not sure if it's only PCA pages - or other web pages too.

What's going on here??

wee eddie 17:42 PM 08 Nov 13

It is caused by an incompetently written Advert. I have not had the problem since I installed AdBlocker for IE

Yimbo 18:34 PM 08 Nov 13

Thanks wee eddie,for that! I'll get AdBlocker and see if it works for me!

I have to say though, if it's caused by an incompetently advert appearing on PCA - surely the issue should be dealt with by PCA!

I appreciate your help!

wee eddie 21:25 PM 08 Nov 13

Unfortunately the Advertising is built and provided by the young HOT RODS from whatever Agency bought the space

wee eddie 09:14 AM 09 Nov 13

Unfortunately, using an AdBlocker reduces the income of IDG, but I feel that, were they more scrupulous with their Advertisers and expected them to do a little more testing before they let their product onto the market. we would not be stuck with such annoyances.

Here you are AdBlocker for IE

Before I used this, it was taking almost as long for my ancient PC to boot as it was for a page of PCA to load! OK maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but 90 seconds was par for the course when there were too many Videos or Long Running Scripts on the page

Yimbo 14:00 PM 10 Nov 13

Thanks, wee eddie! You've been very helpful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know