MESSAGE "Unhandled Exception"

Kibo Kid 14:42 17 Feb 03

This weekend I attempted to reformat my Windows XP HD on my Toshiba notebook, due to no fault of my own.

After backing up my data and uninstalling most programmes, I was unable to reformat of FDISK because my FDD was u/s. I attempted to try it from the XP CD, but the system couldn't "dismount" the volume.

I have reinsstalled most of my applications, but now get the following Error Message"

"Unhandled Exception at Address 100016b8" OK

What does this mean and how can I rectify it?

Also, Norton Internet Security 2002 (the 200d upgrade download was the original problem forcing me to reformat) is reporting PromulGate is attempting to access the Internet. What's the best way to find out what Promulgate is? I assume it's a component programme of a bigger application.

Regards,

MAJ 16:01 17 Feb 03

See if any of the suggestions, at the following link, helps, Kibo Kid. click here

Kibo Kid 17:20 17 Feb 03

Thanks, Maj, looks a great site, I will try one of the suggestions that I understand!

JoeC 17:34 17 Feb 03

appears to be spyware and connected with Kazaa. Kazaa is known to cause some unhandled exceptions - it MAY be that you have the delfin viewer on your system ( I say may !! ). I think it can be taken out by programmes like Spybot S&D or Adaware. Have a look in Add / Remove programmes list and / or MSCONFIG just in case.

Kibo Kid 18:27 17 Feb 03

One of the solutions from the annoyances.org site has worked!
Also, I installed Kazaa last year, but was suspicious and never used it. Now when i try to uninstall, the Uninstaller reports a problem, deliberate???

Kibo Kid 18:28 17 Feb 03

One of the solutions from the annoyances.org site has worked!
Also, I installed Kazaa last year, but was suspicious and never used it. Now when i try to uninstall, the Uninstaller reports a problem, deliberate???

JoeC 18:48 17 Feb 03

KazaaBegone ( a bit down the page under " More Kazaa related Info " . This programme uninstalls Kazaa -

click here

Kibo Kid 20:19 17 Feb 03

Thnaks, JoeC, another irritation solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…