Message Service

wetterfugal 20:14 08 Feb 03

For a few days now I keep getting a popup from "MESSAGE SERVICE" teling me that my address is "Wide open to popups like these" and to go to a web address for a solution. Of course it is an add but how can I stop it, is it coming up on this site or is it lurking on my computer someware?

Popup software is not convenient to use on AOL as it shuts down AOL's menu popups such as writing email and the favourites menu. Where is it coming from?

Smuggler 20:16 08 Feb 03

are you using msn by any chance?

spikeychris 20:20 08 Feb 03

There is nothing that annoys me more than this, I can picture an old lady at home reading that....

click here

Chris

wetterfugal 20:21 08 Feb 03

No is the short answer, I don't beleive it orininates from Microsoft but the grey popup looks very oficial

wetterfugal 20:34 08 Feb 03

Thanks Chris, That is some idea, I can see an influx of adds soon. It won’t be long till other adware of this type pesters us without the means of disabling it.

wetterfugal 20:36 08 Feb 03

I don't get the bit about the old lady.

spikeychris 20:40 08 Feb 03

"Old Lady" sat at home...message appears (SHOUTS) on screen "....YOU HAVE A VIRUS!! go to "click here" She does and and thats 40 quid thank-you very much..

Chris

graham 20:49 08 Feb 03

Thought you meant "pop-ups" ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…