Message on screen with IE

Enoch 12:51 18 Oct 06

On closing "Internet Explorer" I get the following message on the screen
--------------------------------------------

The instruction at "0x629133b1" referenced memory at "0x629133b1". The memory could not be "read"
Click OK to terminate the program.
--------------------------------------------

I click OK and all is good again. However when I next go onto "Internet Explorer" and browse, then close down the same thing happens

Any advice please. I am on XPhome

anskyber 12:54 18 Oct 06

Do you have a Yahoo toolbar?

anskyber 13:20 18 Oct 06

The reason I ask is the toolbar (and it seems the Google varient) can cause this problem. An unistall and retry with your browser will show you. You can reinstall the toolbar afterwards as you wish.

The other common problem is set out here. click here

Enoch 08:51 19 Oct 06

Anskyber

Problem has now been resolved. I spent a lot of time with both your suggestions. I did what your Helpline link suggested and there was no change. I then attempted to delete my Yahoo toolbar and could not because the Yahoo programme could not be found.

I then downloaded and re-installed the Yahoo toolbar. After I had completed the installation, I closed and rebooted my PC. I then opened IE, went to a couple of web pages then I closed my IE. I have now done this a few times and the message is NOT appearing.

I now have the Yahoo toolbar which I do not need but I am not uninstalling for fear of going through the whole problem again.

€dstowe 08:55 19 Oct 06

You can hide the Yahoo Toolbar by going to View -> Toolbars and untick the items you want to hide.

eedcam 18:37 19 Oct 06

I had this prob just after downloading load of updates for microsoft ofice. Did a restore and did'nt allow them to download again prob gone away

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009